How to manage and using API Development on webiny

Hello,

Excellent stack and application. Thanks !.

I am a new webiny user, I have successfully installed webiny and I have successfully created a site in accordance with the webiny doc webiny docs. I intend to use the API on the website that I will make to manage some content such as promos or the like.

I have some problems when I want to set the API on webiny. because now that I understand webiny has an API that can be used in graphql form (please correct if I’m wrong).

I have followed the installation guide in accordance with the document about the API on webiny, API Development but I do not understand that

1. how to use the API on webiny, in which folder can I set it ?
  2. Is there an API that can be used instantly to create a website ?

I am very hopeful friends can help me with this problem, Thank you

Andry

Hi @andry,

thanks for giving Webiny a try!

Yes, you’re right, Webiny has a GraphQL API. And with plugins, it can be extended to meet your requirements.

Another thing to note is that you won’t be developing API locally, but you will be writing new code / make changes and then deploy everything to the actual cloud.

You can find more info on some of the principles Webiny follows here.

Finally, the real question is, how to do it?

I would recommend you wait a bit, an update to the docs is on its way, we should have a nice tutorial ready soon. So I can contact you once it’s up.

But if you really don’t want to wait, we can maybe jump on a call so I can show you a bit how it’s done.

Let me know your thoughts or if I can help in any way, I’d be glad to help.

Thank you!

Hallo @Adrian_Smijulj

Thank you for the response and information you have given me. Honestly I am very helped by this.

I will wait for the latest updates from webiny docs, because I need a reference how to do it , so I am really looking forward to the updates.

Thanks brother

Andry

Thanks a lot @andry!

I will set myself a reminder to notify you personally once it’s up. I will send you a message here, but if you’d like to be notified in any other way (email, twitter, …), feel free to let me know.

Cheers!