Error occurred during deployment of databaseProxy

I am trying to install Webiny locally but is having a problem. When running.
yarn webiny deploy api --env=local

I get the following error:

webiny An error occurred during deployment of databaseProxy +7s
    Throttling: Rate exceeded
    at Request.extractError (/Users/jhe/temp/webiny-test/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/protocol/query.js:50:29)
    at Request.callListeners (/Users/jhe/temp/webiny-test/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/sequential_executor.js:106:20)
    at Request.emit (/Users/jhe/temp/webiny-test/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/sequential_executor.js:78:10)
    at Request.emit (/Users/jhe/temp/webiny-test/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/request.js:683:14)
    at Request.transition (/Users/jhe/temp/webiny-test/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/request.js:22:10)
    at AcceptorStateMachine.runTo (/Users/jhe/temp/webiny-test/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/state_machine.js:14:12)
    at /Users/jhe/temp/webiny-test/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/state_machine.js:26:10
    at Request.<anonymous> (/Users/jhe/temp/webiny-test/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/request.js:38:9)
    at Request.<anonymous> (/Users/jhe/temp/webiny-test/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/request.js:685:12)
    at Request.callListeners (/Users/jhe/temp/webiny-test/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/sequential_executor.js:116:18) {
      code: 'Throttling',

When I start the API it looks like it compiles correctly, but going to localhost:3001 I get:

Network error

Your API seems to be unavailable!
Make sure your API is available at

Nothing more. I am able to connect to my database from command line using the credentials from the .env file, so I am a bit stuck.

Any ideas? Everything was installed from skratch today using
npx create-webiny-project new-project

Hi @johenrik this error started to pop up today, several users reported it to us. We’ve never seen it before, so my guess is that it’s AWS doing something with their infrastructure; wouldn’t be the first time.

databaseProxy resource is just a simple Lambda function being created via an SDK, so there’s absolutely no reason for that one to be the cause of the problem. Plus, we are deploying hundreds of these every day and today is the first time anyone started to report it, so I think we should just give it some time and retry in a few hours.

We’ll be monitoring this as well.

Thank you for the quick reply. I guess I will just wait and try again later.

1 Like